Monday, February 25, 2013

0

Review of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Posted in ,


Synopsis:
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.(Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 

Overall View:
I got this book as soon as it was out.  I couldn't wait to see the continuation of where the book was left off.  The book started with introducing a new character named Scarlet for her red hair.  I loved how the author incorporated another fairy tale into this series.  It was very interesting to see Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood meet.  The story flowed really well and was able to show all the different emotions really well.  There were some very intense scenes when I had to put my phone down before I blew up from all the tension.  I think the story was well written.  I liked how there was a lot more action in this installment of the Cinder series.  I read this book the day it was out yet I didn't find enough time to post the review :(  One last comment I would like to make: I NEED the next installment.  The book ended at a MAJOR cliff hanger!

Characters:

Scarlet - 
Description of Character: Scarlet is a character that some people may be able to relate to. The author was able to convey the distress that Scarlet feels as she faces each day with her grandmother.  Scarlet meets Wolf at a restaurant while Scarlet delivers some of her products.


Review of CharacterI LOVED Scarlet's character.  Scratch that, I love all main characters that can fight for themselves instead of waiting for a prince to walk by.  There were times that I think that perhaps Scarlet should listen to Wolf.  But this wouldn't really such an action packed story then...

Wolf -

Description of Character: A mysterious character.... Can't go any further than that or there would be too many spoilers.

Review of Character: I liked Wolf... Well.. At first, he seemed really cold.  But as the story continues, his past starts to unfold and all the reasons behind his attitude towards other people are unveiled.  I really liked how the story expanded on the process of how people like Wolf were created.


*Supporting characters not listed (Captain Thorne was an awesome character!)

0 comments: