Friday, February 1, 2013

0

Author Interview: Laura DeLuca

Posted in ,


About the Author:
Laura "Luna" DeLuca lives at the beautiful Jersey Shore with her husband and four children.  She loves writing in the young adult genre because it keeps her young at heart.  In addition to writing fiction, Laura is also the sole author of a popular review blog called New Age Mama.  she is an active member of her local pagan community, and has been studying Wicca for close to eight years.  Her current works include Destiny, Destiny Unveiled, Phantom, Morrigan and Player.

Interview:
What made you want to become a writer?
I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember.  A psychic once told me I was an author in my past life and it carried over to this one.

Where do you get your inspirations from?
Most of my ideas originally come from my dreams.  As I modify and perfect them I tend to add details from my real life and the people around me.

Other than writing books, what else do you do in your free time?

I am also the mom to four wonderful kids which takes up most of my time.  If I actually find some free time, I enjoy meditating, yoga, nature walks and bubble baths.

If you could work with another author, who would it be?

I have already worked with several other authors on anthologies including one called HerStory which is coming out in March and celebrates Women's History Month.  It's a great experience merging talents with other writers.  It's not only a learning experience for us but a great way for fans to learn about other authors.


What do you think people look for in a book?

Well, it would depend on the person and the genre they enjoy, but for the most part, I think everyone is looking for a way to escape for just a little while.

Are there any recent works you admire?

I just finished reading Checkout Time by Rosa Sophia.  If you enjoy a good mystery, this is a great book to well...check out :)

*The questions and answers of this author interview are only for Ethereal Book Reviews to use.  If you would like to get interviewed, please visit our "Contact Us" page and send us an e-mail.

0 comments: