Thursday, February 21, 2013

0

Author Interview: LaTaeya Lane

Posted in , ,

About the Author:
Years of exposure within the writing and publishing world have made a lasting impact on author, LaTaeya Lane.  Writing since she was seven years old, Lane began jotting down phrases an themes, later turning them into poems and short stories.  Writing became such a passion throughout her youth that she bcame the Junior and Senior editor of her High School newspaper.  She wrote her first novel at the age of sixteen but was not seeking publication at that time in her life.  Lane entered several creative writing contests during her early years of writing and won a few of them.  Always captivated by the supernatural and elements of fantasy, Lane was inspired to write a series of books that focused on going beyond the boundaries of life and imagination. The angel vampire fantasy "Swept into the Darkness" is Lane's
first published book in a series called "Chronicles of the Celestial." Lane completed a degree in Social Sciences and currently works to support the education of special needs middle school students. Lane resides in the state of New Jersey with her husband Leo and is working on writing and publishing the second book in the series. Lane also loves to draw and paint. Traveling and experiencing a variety of different foods is also a deep passion of hers. Lane loves watching horror and fantasy movies and is a believer of the Ancient Alien Theory. Some of her favorite authors include, Charline Harris, Stephen King and Erick Von Daniken.

Interview:

What made you want to become a writer?

I have always been a writer. It is a part of my soul. Writing has been an element of creativity that has sparked my life ever since I was able to pick up a pencil and jot down my thoughts and ideas. I come from a long line of writers and artists starting with my Great Grandmother. Story telling is the legacy that marks my family.


Where do you get your inspirations from?

My inspirations come from a variety of sources. It could be a name, a place, the face of a person, or something as simple as a word. Inspiration for me is just another building block of my creative process.

Other than writing books, what else do you do in your free time?


When I am not playing with my six month old son, I love to read, draw and paint. Another passion of mine is also watching movies. Horror and Fantasy are my favorite cinematic genres.

If you could work with another author, who would it be?


If I had the opportunity to work with another author, it would be Charline Harris. She is the author of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. It would be an honor to co-write a supernatural fantasy with her.

What are major themes of your work?


Swept into the Darkness (Chronicles of the Celestial Book one) has several major themes. Each one is important, which makes the book unique. Angels and Vampires are the central theme, but centered around that is the theme of Good Vs. Evil, Overcoming strife and obstacles, Love Has No Boundaries, And Death is just the Beginning. Greek Mythology and Biblical elements are also included in the book/series which adds to the literary journey.

What do you think people look for in a book?


There are many things that I think a person looks for in a book, but that depends on what type of reader they are as well. Readers look to gain and learn information. They also look for a book to take them to another world or place. They want to lose themselves in an adventure far far away. Readers want to be entertained.

Are there any recent works you admire?


There are many books that I admire, but currently I am reading The Ancient Alien Question by an author named Phillip Coppins. I am really interested in The Ancient Alien Theory and I have read many books within the subject. This book is an incredible read and I admire it and the author very much so. I literature within the book is amazing and it has also been a great inspiration to me as an author as well.


*The questions and answers of this author interview are only for Ethereal Book Reviews to use.  If you would like to get interviewed, please visit our "Contact Us" page and send us an e-mail.

0 comments: