Saturday, February 9, 2013

0

Review of Flee by Miranda Kavi

Synopsis:

I can fly.

I have to keep it a secret.

Everything was fine, until I met him.

Aurora Lockette has a supernatural ability she hides from the world.  Gavyn Dhaval is a newly famous actor that shies away from the spotlight.  When Aurora and Gyvan literally collide in a fender bender on her first day of law school, they are irresistibly drawn to each other. 

When Aurora's secret is revealed, she has no choice but to abandon Gavyn to go into hiding to escape the media frenzy.  A secret society of gifted humans contacts her to warn of the dark forces that seek to destroy her and everyone she loves.

Aurora must try to understand who and what she is while she fights to protect herself and her loved ones from a hidden, sinister force. (Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 

Overall View:
At first, I picked this book as an R2R (read to review) because of the pretty cover.  The synopsis also captured me.  I started reading on the last week of January because I had nothing else to do but sit there and wait for my sister.  It started of fast, with her understanding how to control her powers and work them already, which is a very good point about this book because I just can't take some books where it takes forever.  Anyways, the book started to get more exciting near the end, which is why I gave it a four stars.  I just can't take it when the whole 3/4 of the book contains a lot of useless crap.  Okay, maybe there were a few other good parts, but honestly, I could cut out a few parts and this book would be AMAZING.  Other than that, Gavyn and Aurora's encounter was cute and quirky (I don't know why) and their relationship is just one of a kind.  There was no such thing as I'm-gunna-stalk-you-till-we-both-admit-our-feelings-for-each-other kinda crap, which is even better!  What bothered me the most though, was the fact that there were many grammar and spelling errors that I just couldn't get pass.  If you are looking for a quick and easy read, pick up this book!

Characters:

Aurora - 
Description of Character: Aurora has been able to fly since she was in elementary.  She has to hide this secret power, which is soon revealed in the middle of the story.  Because it was relvealed, she had to leave everything behind, including Gavyn, her one true love.  She soon discovers that there are others, who are just the same as her.  Will she join them to defeat the evil or not?

Review of Character: Aurora's character changes very quickly.  She is excited, then scared then excited again.  Like WHAT?! What the heck just happen?  Did I skip a few pages?  Her character is okay, I'll say that, but she wasn't really the type of strong heroin that I saw her as at the beginning of the story.  She was emotionally broken by the end, which kind of killed the story, but I guess I could really excuse that since she had gone through a lot.  Other than that, she was a pretty good character and she TOTALLY knew how to keep her profile low.  The author has done a good job creating her character ;)

*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: