Saturday, January 19, 2013

0

Review of It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Posted in , , ,
Synopsis:
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach. (Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 

Overall View:
I started reading this book right after I finished the first book, which of course, I liked.  I ended up finishing this yesterday, the same day I finished The Summer I Turned Pretty.  I liked this book, but for some reason, not as much as the first.  Although Belly did spend time with Jeremiah much more, I still felt that something was missing.  I also thought Conrad was drunk throughout the whole story.  Anyways, the story's plot was really good.  Conrad skipping school in order to protect what he loves and a huge plot twist in the middle and end of the story.  I am guessing that is why I gave it a 5 stars.  If I did not like it, I wouldn't have tried to finish two of the books in a day.  Anyways, I am on to the third one and I am just hoping that it is as good as the first and second.

Characters:

Isabel "Belly" - 
Description of Character: After spending time with Conrad at her prom, it seems that their relationship had fizzled out.  Although it has been a long time since she had seen Conrad, she still had the same exact feelings for him since she liked him.  Will she ever be able to give him up?  Or will they reunite again?


Review of Character: I still feel the same way as her.  Wanna read more of her character, go to the review of the first book.

Conrad/Jeremiah -

Description of Character: Both Conrad and Jeremiah are brothers.  After Conrad goes missing, Jeremiah sets out to find with with Belly.  They seem to develop relationship as the journey moves on.

Review of Character: I feel like I am starting to hate Conrad.  Although he has his reasons for being such a...meanie to Belly, he could have approached the situation is a different way.  He ends up warming up to her near the end, showing a bit of his feelings for her (if you read between the lines), and so I forgive Conrad for all the dumb things he did.  As for Jere, I still feel the same for him, he is an amazing guy (from what I can see) and is the only one that can make Belly happy.  Okay, that could be an overstatement because I have already started the third book while I am writing this and lets just say he does something to piss Belly off.  And it's not pretty.


*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: