Friday, January 4, 2013

0

Review of The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Posted in ,

Sypnosis:
When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special. Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her—one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity. (Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 
★☆

Overall View:
Judging a book by its cover, I started to read this book captivated by its beautiful cover. The summary made the book even more enchanting.  I mean, who can resist a mysterious romance story?  Well, I read the first page, and like most books it was a slow start.  I didn't really think much of it at the time thinking that it will get better.  Well, as I continued on to the next few chapters, I was getting tired of forcing myself to continue reading on.  To be honest, reading in my warm cozy bed during a cold night wasn't helping me stay focused in the book at all.  I felt as if the book was going no where.  It was a few random meetings at a bridge with some stranger.  To be honest I was quite disappointed by the time I got to chapter 5.  I couldn't make myself finish the book.  It was actually like a lullaby that only tired my eyes out.  It would have been easier if I just listened to instrumental music to put myself to sleep.  There was nothing that captivated me in this book.  I felt like it wasted my time reading the 5 chapters.  Perhaps it got better, however I wasn't captivated enough to finish it.

Characters:

Kristen - 
Description of Character: N/A 


Review of Character: N/A 

Caspian -

Description of Character: N/A 

Review of Character: N/A 


Since I didn't finish the book, I didn't have the chance to find out more about the characters to give a review about their development.


*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: