Monday, October 20, 2014

0

LGBT MONTH Review of Fan Art by Sarah Tregay

Posted in , ,
Synopsis:
When the picture tells the story…

Senior year is almost over, and Jamie Peterson has a big problem. Not college—that’s all set. Not prom—he’ll find a date somehow. No, it’s the worst problem of all: he’s fallen for his best friend.

As much as Jamie tries to keep it under wraps, everyone seems to know where his affections lie, and the giggling girls in art class are determined to help Jamie get together with Mason. But Jamie isn’t sure if that’s what he wants—because as much as Jamie would like to come clean to Mason, what if the truth ruins everything? What if there are no more road trips, taco dinners, or movie nights? Does he dare risk a childhood friendship for romance?

This book is about what happens when a picture reveals what we can’t say, when art is truer than life, and how falling in love is easy, except when it’s not. Fan Art explores the joys and pains of friendship, of pressing boundaries, and how facing our worst fears can sometimes lead us to what we want most.
(Taken from Goodreads)


Stars Given:★★★★★

Overall View:
I don't know what else to say.  This story was sweet, cute, and just completely adorable!  Each page was definitely worth reading, and I really couldn't put the book down.  I read this book all in one sitting and just couldn't contain my happiness when I finished reading it.  I don't have any problems with the characters in this book.  I loved all of them, they were so dynamic and seemed so real because their personality was so different.  I also love how this book also tackles the LGBT discrimination issue.  Some may not realize it, but it is a big problem in some areas in the world.  This book is both educational and enjoyable in two different ways.  I love this book and I will definitely reread this book whenever I have time.  I didn't see at mistakes in the book at all, and I didn't have to skim through any of the pages in order to get to the end of this book.  I was able to read and enjoy every single word.  This book is one that I would definitely recommend to those who love sweet light stories.  I am hoping that there will be a short story of Jamie and Mason!

Character:
Jamie Peterson -
Description of Character: How about we let the pictures tell the story of Jamie? http://sarahtregay.com/fanart.html


Review of Character: Jamie is probably one of the cutest characters ever.  The way he over thinks and tries to protect his friend just makes him the most adorable character out of every other one.  Jamie had stayed the same throughout the story, but he has so much energy, and one of the best personalities, it had made him seem so real.  I fell in love with his character as the story revealed more about Jamie.  From when he realized he was gay, to the time he fell in love with his best friend.  What could be better than stories that show the character's true personality?  I wouldn't mind learning more about Jamie because he is such an interesting character, one that would hold my interest throughout the whole book.

*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: